Wednesday, January 25, 2012

It's a start!

One of my current goals is to move from the bottle to a sippy cup with Boston. Up until now it has NOT gone well. I am a big fan of keep trying but he has to be ready and want to do it to. We put them up for awhile - all 50 types/styles/variations that we thought be might use.
This morning he REALLY wanted a drink of my coke zero (no hate mail please) he took a couple of sips out of the side of my cup and kept coming back for more - so I ran to the cabinet - grabbed the first sippy I saw and dumped in some coke - YES! He took about 8 drinks.
We had to take out the "stopper" that makes it spill proof. (which explains the double bib!) His muscles still aren't quite ready for that much sucking I guess - but it is a start! I figure if he gets the hang of it this way....we can add the "stopper" in later.
I did end up dumping the pop and filling it with water& juice - which he tolerated ;) We shall see!

3 comments:

  1. You won't get any hate mail from me over a little bit of pop in a sippy. You do what you have to do to get him to at least try the cups. YOu're doing a great job with both of your kids, don't let anyone tell you different.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Boston

    My name is Jenna and I came across your site. You are an amazing, precious gift and special earthly angel. You are full of courageous, strength, determination, and fight. You are a brave warrior, smilen champ and an inspiration. You are a super hero, super trooper, and a tough cookie. You are full of life, spunk, joy, smiles, and sunshine. You have taught everyone about life, and the gift of life. You will be in my thoughts and prayers. http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/champ291 I love it when people sign my guestbook.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Long time follower... first time commenter. I agree with "Tommie" above... no hate mail from me either! I think trying out new tastes and textures, not to mention new ways of getting said tastes and textures into one's mouth, is more important than the worry of what people "on the outside" might think! :) You are doing a super job with both kids, and don't worry for one moment that you aren't a great mom-- because you ARE.

    (Besides.... I would have a hard time saying no to that adorable little face too! :) And the independence that little bug is showing-- oh, I just did a little happy dance!)

    ReplyDelete