Last night we got a call from Boston's NICU doctor. Unfortunately we have some more bad news and are again in need of prayer. Boston has developed NEC (Necrotizing Enterocolitis)
They are treating him with antibiotics as well as stopping his feeding and putting him back on TPN for his nutrition. They have inserted a larger tube in his nose that will be used to suction him out to prevent fluid build up as well. As you can imagine this comes at an already overwhelming time for our family. Please pray that the doctors caught it in time and that he will heal. Until further notice Charlie and I are not allowed to hold him either which completely stinks!
Not too mention....I came down with a 100 + fever overnight and am not allowed down to the NICU to see him - no fun for me as the ONLY place I want to be is with him.
Please.....pray....that is all I can say right now.
1 month ago